Saturday, August 15, 2009

WHOLE FOODS

It was certainly a shot in the arm to see the CEO of Whole Foods make a case for the free market in his Wall Street Journal article. If you haven't seen it, you can read it here.

He's been taking a lot of heat so I left this comment on his blog:

I don't understand the outrage leveled against you. The point of shopping at Whole Foods is to rely on healthy living to avoid the medical system as much as possible. A government medical plan is going to disproportionately subsidize the very people who eat junk food and let themselves go.

Those of us who shop at Whole Foods for health reasons benefit the most from a free market system. I guess I overestimated the number of pretentious people who shop there only to make themselves feel socially conscious.

I'm happy that you stood up for the consumer and I'll be back to Whole Foods again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment