Tuesday, September 20, 2011

BUY A KINDLE

BUY A KINDLE

They looked intriguing at $400, but I never would have spent that kind of money, especially when I wasn't sure I'd like the interface more than a printed book.  The price is right at $114 and I decided to buy mine at Best Buy thinking it would be an easier return if I didn't like it.  I knew I wasn't returning it within an hour.  A deciding factor in the purchase was travel. Lugging books on vacation is no fun especially when you can't predict the variety you might want on a trip.  Another fun reason to own one is the access to thousands of pre-1923 books for no cost.  I read an 1870s biography of Davy Crockett that has long been out of print.  I think what surprised me most is my reading speed has increased due to the mechanics of the device.  With the promise of lending library books coming soon, the Junto Boys could do worse than this handy friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment