Monday, January 23, 2006

BELAFONTE COMPARES BUSH TO LOUT WHO RUINED HIS DRY CLEANING

SOUTH AMERICA – With his hand around a random Latin-American dictator, singer, Harry Belafonte, compared Bush’s handling of Iraq with a recent experience at a local Martinizing establishment.

"I was promised 24 hour service, but when my manservant showed up 26 hours later, they told him the delivery with my bundle hadn’t arrived. So reminiscent of the weapons that Bush couldn’t find in Iraq.”

After touring some humble work camps and watching the villagers bury a goat, Belafonte continued his tirade.

“It must have been nearing 31 hours when the cleaner called with my stuff and I sent my ailing aunt to pick it up. My white shirts had turned decidedly pink which reminded me of the innocent Middle Eastern blood this administration has spilled over nothing but petty oppression that the average peasant has no worry about.”

Belafonte turned to a peasant.

“I don’t see you marching for liberty.”

“No, Senor.”

“See. The average peon has no interest in politics or supposed repression.” Belfonte continued. “He’s just living his life peacefully when he hears the sound of big American planes dropping big American bombs on a countryside. It’s as annoying as when I had that old apartment in the 1940s that butted up to the L tracks.”

A reporter pointed out that Belaftonte’s current shirt didn’t look pink.

“I had to buy new shirts. My chauffer and assistant had to travel all over Manhatten to find the right ones. It reminded me of how Scooter Libby’s shirts were being cleaned by American tax dollars while innocent people are dying all over the world due to American policies.”

Reporters weren’t able to identify Belafonte’s host, the current dictator of a South American country so small that even reporters weren’t sure what soil they stood on. But Belafonte and his host did dine on some fine Argentinean steaks and enjoyed cognac and cigars in the moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment