Wednesday, May 03, 2006

SOUND BYTE CITY

I was tuning around last night and caught O'Reilly debating what language the Star Spangled banner should be sung in. Senator Lamarr Alexander and someone from the Cato Institute squared off. Last week when I first heard the media making a big deal out of the fact that someone has sung it in Spanish, I figured that it had already been done two dozen times before. Then the media started asking politicians about it and watch out.

I realized the media had finally given the politicians a superficial way to debate the illegal alien issue. Instead of enforcing the borders they can simply stand up for an English language version of the National Anthem. It's easier than having to do any work. I'll admit that I have never like Alexander all the way back to his days with the phony plaid shirt, I'm one of the people, nonsense. He so reminds me of that guy who use to host a show on the Gulf Breeze cable station. But hearing him talk last night made me realize what an opportunistic punk he is. Use that hot air to enforce the law and let people sing what they may.

No comments:

Post a Comment