Monday, July 04, 2005

THE MOVIE MEM – E

1. Total number of films I own on DVD and video.

I rarely purchase movies because I rarely watch one more than once. I probably own about a dozen, most of them received as gifts, and have another 100+ on the shelves that I purge from time to time, knowing I won’t get to them or because I taped them long ago and no longer have interest. Once in a while I’ll look at the listings on AMC or Turner and tape a couple of classic films that I've never seen.

2. Last film I bought.

GODZILLA VS. MEGALON, at a library book sale. That was months ago. Haven’t watched it yet. A woman I know heard me excitedly explain the purchase to my six-year-old and found that quite amusing.

Update 7/13/05: Have since purchased Spider-Man 2 which everyone seemed to like. Also purchased The Incredibles and a 4-pack of the original Herbie movies.

3. Last film I watched.

HERBIE RIDES AGAIN (with kids)

IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT (without) – borrowed this from mom-in-law and found after 2 hours that she had clipped off the ending. But I got the gist – girl dumps that boy for this boy.

4. Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me (in no particular order).

Movies I’ve watched over and over:

JAWS – I love all the characters in this movie – Brody, Quint, the mayor, Dreyfuss, Brody’s wife, and Bruce.

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK

FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF

DIAL M FOR MURDER

My wife’s favorite movie is WHEN HARRY MET SALLY so I’ve seen that many times but only as a condition of marriage.

Generally I prefer slow-moving old movies with lots of dialogue and overblown characters. I like action movies that are not stupid and westerns.

5. If you could be any character portrayed in a movie, who would it be?

Bond. James Bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment