Friday, February 13, 2004

SKIRT CHASER

I think rival Democrats are behind the story of John Kerry's girl chasing. It would make more sense for Republicans to wait and spring such charges in the last month or so of the campaign. It would also be foolish to do so now when the natural alternative to Kerry is Edwards, a tougher candidate to beat in a general election.

Kerry told Imus this morning that:
"There was nothing to report. So there is nothing to talk about. I'm not worried about it."

"I'm not worried about it" sounds more like you're not worried about the evidence getting out than it didn't happen. I think an innocent person would have said, "Same old campaign smear tactics. If they want to accuse me of something like that they'd better produce my alleged girlfriend."

If Kerry is just 1% guilty, he'd be better coming clean. Arnold Schwartzenegger apologized and put the issue behind him. It will be tougher for Kerry if he is caught lying.

FURTHER THOUGHTS: I think that this must have come from the Clintons. The Clinton's handpicked candidate Wesley Clark hinted that something was about to erupt. In fact, I think those loose lips are what led Clark to his endorsement of Kerry. It was the only way to remove the scrutiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment