Monday, February 02, 2004

FIND A CANDIDATE

Check out Presidential Match to find the candidate that best reflects your views.

My rankings according to the poll

1. Bush
2. Lieberman
3. Clark
4. Edwards
5. Dean
6. Kerry
7. Sharpton
8. That guy from Ohio who finishes even lower than Sharpton

The Select Smart Poll is a little more interesting. It allows you to weight your positions. Therefore you may agree with a particular candidate a lot, but if he disagrees on a big issue he will suffer. They scored me:

1. My Ideal Candidate 100%
2. Bush 70%
3. Libertarian Candidate 61%
4. Lieberman 39%
5. Edwards/Kerry 38%
7. Dean 35%
8. That Guy From Ohio 35%
9. Howard Phillips 28% - Constiution Party
10. Sharpton 23%
11. Clark 16%

In most years the Libertarian candidate would no doubt score higher than the Republican, but with Cato opposing the war, Bush tops the list, after my ideal candidate that doesn't exist anywhere but my own mind. When I took Select Smart 4 years ago, I remember Howard Phillips finishing in the top three. Have I changed or has Select Smart's new weighted categories made Phillips less important.

No comments:

Post a Comment