Monday, August 16, 2004

HURRICANE CHARLEY

I was mostly surprised that it hit us as hard as it did considering how far inland we were. The winds reached 100MPH and a lot of trees fell and shingles came off roofs. I lost power for only 24 hours. It seemed like we lost power in Pensacola for 3 or 4 days when we got hit by Erin and Opal in 1995. I drove downtown Saturday morning and I saw a bunch of power lines down. Big trees crashed into yards and houses.

Mom and Dad lost the screen part of their pool inclosure. Tricia's parents lost a great big tree that luckily didn't hit the house. Trish was worried about the dead tree in her backyard, but it hardly budged.

It was only this morning that I got phone and internet service back. Even with the cellphone I couldn't get my parents on the phone so I went over there on Sunday to see their damage. John said a tree landed on the car next to his.

We were pretty lucky considering what happened to the poor people on the coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment