Friday, August 20, 2004

MALKIN ON MATHEWS

Michelle Malkin has a great entry on her blog about her experiences appearing on the Chris Mathews HARDBALL show. She explains how she came to be on the show, what the producers told her and how she was immediately mischaracterized when the cameras came on. Her purpose on the show was to promote her own book. They wanted her to debate on UNFIT FOR COMMAND first. The whole appearance was a mess and Malkin is hilarious re-telling it.
As the show broke for commercials, Matthews scrambled for his producers to see if what he said was true. And I'm irresponsible? One staffer ran to the office where I had left my copy of the book, and handed it to Matthews, who--for the first time, apparently--started flipping through it. I asked for my book back and politely said thank you. After I left, he trashed me again on the air and his scurrilous charges were repeated by his MSNBC colleague Keith Olbermann, who called me an "idiot."

I am used to playing hardball. I expect it. I am used to ad hominem attacks. I get more in a day than most of these wussies have received in their lifetimes. But what happened last night was pure slimeball and the unfair, unbalanced, and unhinged purveyors of journalism, or whatever it is they call what they do at MSNBC, should be ashamed.

What I take away from all this is that the Democrat Party waterboys in the media are in full desperation mode. I have now witnessed firsthand and up close (Matthews' spittle nearly hit me in the face) how the pressure from alternative media sources--the blogosphere, conservative Internet forums, talk radio, Regnery Publishing, FOX News, etc. --is driving these people absolutely batty.

I enjoy the Mathews show, but this exchange does his reputation no good.

No comments:

Post a Comment