Tuesday, March 08, 2005

TERESA WRIGHT DIES
Whenever Tom and I would list the sexiest babes of Hollywood history, my mind would always fill with images of Teresa Wright. She was sexy in an offhanded kind of way, as an offshoot of being smart and engaging. I've wanted to marry her ever since first seeing her attend to her ailing husband's collar button when the poor sap was stricken with Lou Gehrig's Disease, or ALS, as it was known then. She always seemed to me sweet enough to fall for, smart enough to talk with, and pretty enough to lay beside for fifty years - some kind of classy babe.

I have never seen acknowledged classics THE LITTLE FOXES (1941) or MRS. MINIVER (1942), but Teresa Wright enjoys three spots on my top 100 movies list:
THE PRIDE OF THE YANKEES (1942)
SHADOW OF A DOUBT (1943)
THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES (1946)

1 comment:

Tom said...

I'm sorry to hear this. Her film career was short but she was still appearing on Broadway through the 1990s. I saw her at a Yankee World Series game a few years back. She still seemed as sweet.

Post a Comment