Wednesday, March 02, 2005

BEST OF DAN RATHER

The Media Research Center has fun with this "objective" news man.

This bit between Rather and O'Reilly is well-known but priceless.
Bill O’Reilly: “I want to ask you flat out, do you think President Clinton’s an honest man?”
Dan Rather: “Yes, I think he’s an honest man.”
O’Reilly: “Do you, really?”
Rather: “I do.”
O’Reilly: “Even though he lied to Jim Lehrer’s face about the Lewinsky case?”
Rather: “Who among us has not lied about something?”
O’Reilly: “Well, I didn’t lie to anybody’s face on national television. I don’t think you have, have you?”
Rather: “I don’t think I ever have. I hope I never have. But, look, it’s one thing – ”
O’Reilly: “How can you say he’s an honest guy then?”
Rather: “Well, because I think he is. I think at core he’s an honest person. I know that you have a different view. I know that you consider it sort of astonishing anybody would say so, but I think you can be an honest person and lie about any number of things.”
— Exchange on FNC’s The O’Reilly Factor, May 15, 2001.

2 comments:

Dude said...

I think you can be a transparently biased person and call yourself objective.

Dude said...

Further insight into the liberal teenage mind. Not only does Lefty resort to name calling as if that will settle the argument, but he bitches about something that only he can see. Neither Tom's post nor my retort intimated that either of us believed O'Reilly to be objective.

I wonder if a bloke like Lefty will live long enough to become a conservative, or if there is simply no chance for a certain percentage of the populace to ever kick into high gear.

Post a Comment