Monday, August 01, 2005

If Raffy is doing it. . .

. . . why don't we test the more obvious examples
Baltimore Orioles first baseman Rafael Palmeiro, who testified before Congress on March 17 that he'd never used steroids, was suspended by Commissioner Bud Selig on Monday for 10 days for violating baseball's steroids policy.

In remarks prepared for a conference call Monday, Palmeiro said he had accepted his punishment and could not explain how the steroids got into his body.

"I have never intentionally used steroids. Never. Ever. Period," he said. "Ultimately, although I never intentionally put a banned substance into my body, the independent arbitrator ruled that I had to be suspended under the terms of the program."

Does that mean that Balko said, "Try this Raffy, it's a surprise."

And Raffy said, "humm, my bat is now producing opposite field check swing homers, thanks."

Balko said, "You won't believe what's in this."

Raffy replied, "Don't tell me, I don't want to ruin your secret recipe."

1 comment:

Tom said...

Good research job, pally.

We might as well just let cyborgs play.

Post a Comment