Tuesday, October 23, 2007

JOE TORRE

I will miss him, sure.

I was sorry to see Buck Showalter go.

Then Torre made that decision seem alright.

It would be fun to see Donnie Baseball manage.

I bet Joe Girardi would be decent too.

I’m glad it won’t be the overrated LaRussa.

I can’t feel sorry for Torre or any Yankee manager.

They know the ending before they experience the beginning.

Showalter got the Yankees to the playoffs for the first time in 14 years and then got canned.

Torre walked into that.

He could have left on his own terms several times.

He could have remained in the job as the highest paid manager in baseball.

I will miss him, sure.

But I’m happy that he somehow lasted 12 seasons in that kettle.

He should be happy too. He'll be in the HOF.

The hardest part will seeing him without that NY cap.

It's hard for my mind to think of him any other way.

2 comments:

E said...

I hope to be in a position someday where I can tell someone to take their $5m to $8m and shove it up their.

Dude said...

I hope to be in a position someday to root for a team that is considered a disappointment if it makes the playoffs 14 years in a row. My team hasn't cracked .500 in that span.

Post a Comment