Monday, November 21, 2005

THE BEST $12.95 A MONTH I EVER SPENT

I did purchase XM Radio and am loving it. It paid for the first month tonight as I enjoyed via C-SPAN Radio an uninterrupted hour of stimulating discussion on the Alito nomination by scholars from the conservative Concerned Women for America, conservative Heritage Foundation and libertarian CATO Institute.

I agree with the libertarian view that Congress is engaged in entire categories of activities that are unconstitutional, and with the notion that if you put good lawyers on the bench with a bias toward letting the Constitution speak for itself and toward dealing with the narrow, technical issues of law brought before them, you will get good, sound, common-sense legal decisions. Concerned Women for America just wants to overturn Roe v. Wade. I want good traditionalist legal minds on the bench and then I am happy to let results take care of themselves.

I found the conservative/libertarian debate much more stimulating than most conservative/liberal debate, the latter being much more ideological and much less intellectually honest.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Don't temp me, E. It makes a fella wish he had a longer drive to work.

Dude said...

I recently realized that the digital music channels on DirecTV which used to be called DIGITAL CHOICE are now XM stations. Send a fella your list of favorites, E.

Post a Comment