Saturday, May 10, 2003

I missed my chance to interview John Rocker. He had been playing for AA Orlando and I was even there on Thursday to do a story on the team. But the fact that I wasn't feeling well along with miscommunication with my media contact sent me home before I got the story. I'm planning to go back Thursday or Friday, but Rocker is already gone. I really didn't have anything to ask the controversial Rocker. It was going to be the same old business about whether he liked playing at Disney's Sports Complex. No chance that he'd flip out. He'd already seen his career decline from the distraction of talking honestly. It's funny that sports writers defended Robbins and Sarandon for their controversial remarks, but blasted Rocker. Where were all the zealots to remind us that Rocker was a private citizen with the right to say anything he felt? Sedition is hip, but political incorrectness is lethal.

No comments:

Post a Comment