Monday, October 17, 2005

LOSING UGLY IN THE STEEL CITY



Boy did I pick the wrong Sunday for my first visit to Heinz Field as the Steelers fell in OT to the Jags. With Big Ben and Hines Ward sidelined, what a miserable offensive performance. 1 for 12 on third down conversions. Tommy Maddox 11 for 28 with 3 picks and a fumble prior to what could have been a game winning FG in OT. Rushing game 30 carries for 74 yards. 31.7 yards per punt. A missed field goal. I don't think Tommy Maddox is going to get another start in Pittsburgh for a long long time. He was bad from start to finish and I have no idea why he didn't get yanked. A Steelers punt return for a TD and a bunch of pass interference calls on Jax made the final score respectable, but what a horrible display.

2 comments:

Tom said...

What kind of drive is that for you?

E said...

About 4 hours. Longer after a loss. A friend I used to work with got some tickets and I went with her and her boyfriend.

Philly is about 1:20 in the other direction. Baltimore 2 hours south.

Post a Comment