Monday, August 25, 2003

I got a jury summons back in July asking for my presence today at the courthouse. A capital case I figured due to the fact that selected jurors would be needed for 2 weeks. While so many people dread jury duty, I have always looked forward to it. The first time I got the card in the mail they didn't need me. The second time I moved from the county before the trial. The message last night said that this particular judge wasn't hearing any cases this week and sorry for any inconvenience.

I'd personally like a better explanation than that. I particularly hate "sorry for the inconvenience" as if they care one lick whether or not I'm inconvenienced. It's the same insincere corporate apology that can be heard seven times a day if you stand in the right place. Why don't they quit making things inconvenient?

No comments:

Post a Comment