Thursday, December 09, 2004

COO COO CA CHOO

They came in the darkness and had bug-like faces. Stranger still, they left a weird egg-shaped object behind. Uri Geller recalls his friend John Lennon’s encounter with the unknown.
I have about as much faith in the powers of Uri Geller as in mangetic bracelets, but here is an irrestible anecdote about his old pal who once declared himself in song The Eggman.

Lennon:
"About six months ago, I was asleep in my bed, with Yoko, at home, in the Dakota Building. And suddenly, I wasn’t asleep. Because there was this blazing light round the door. It was shining through the cracks and the keyhole, like someone was out there with searchlights, or the apartment was on fire.

“That was what I thought — intruders, or fire. I leapt out of bed, and Yoko wasn’t awake at all, she was lying there like a stone, and I pulled open the door. There were these four people out there. Well they didn’t want my f---in’ autograph. They were, like, little. Bug-like. Big bug eyes and little bug mouths and they were scuttling at me like roaches.

I was straight that night. I wasn’t dreaming and I wasn’t tripping. There were these creatures, like people but not like people, in my apartment.”
Sounds like the classic abduction experience. Of course, Geller knows that and he also knows that any good quality abduction anecdote must be from a reliable source (Lennon offers the double whammy of very famous and long dead), and only in the rarest of instances has a paranormal experience been complete with mysterious artifact. Curious that Geller sat on this info for nearly 15 years after Lennon's death, and curiouser still that anybody of this earth would give up an item of supposed extraterrestrial origin. I would be interested to hear from Yoko on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment