Thursday, December 02, 2004

Malibu, Baby!

Since we have been married, Marci has received no less than half a dozen summons for jury duty, while I have received none. The trend followed us from Florida to California, even as Marci's schedule ramped up and mine wound down. She was again ordered to appear at a Chatsworth court this past summer. Her unpredictable travel schedule forced her to reschedule several times until finally getting the chore over with about a month ago.

I have opined my inability to receive jury duty. I'm not working, I'm not doing anything that wouldn't be spiced up by a day or month of civic duty. Finally, it arrived. My first ever summons, set for the week of January 10, 2005 - and Malibu, no less. All kinds of good stuff happens in Malibu. Maybe I can finally get Robert Downey Jr the help he deserves. Perhaps I can protect Barbara from the invasive paparazzi, so that she can demonstrate against our government unmolested. I can't wait. I'll update in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment