Wednesday, December 08, 2004

EL PRADO

The Prado Museum is renowned as being the largest art gallery in the world. It houses more than 8,600 paintings, of which they exhibit less than 2,000 because of lack of space available. Many museums throughout the world have less artistic riches in their halls than the Prado Museum has in storage.


I'm embarrassed to admit that before today, I had never heard of this place. I will get the chance to spend several days there soon enough. The wife's multinational corporate conglomerate employment is paying off once again, as I will be afforded the opportunity to join her for ten days in Madrid, including New Year's Eve. My crash course has begun - any advice from fellow Junto members who know the city would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment