Wednesday, February 13, 2008

PIMP GATE

A portion of Hillary Clinton's letter to NBC
I know that I am a public figure and that my daughter is playing a public role in my campaign. I am accustomed to criticism, certainly from MSNBC. I know that it goes with the territory.

However, I became Chelsea’s mother long before I ran for any office and I will always be a mom first and a public official second.

Nothing justifies the kind of debasing language that David Shuster used and no temporary suspension or half-hearted apology is sufficient.

I would urge you to look at the pattern of behavior on your network that seems to repeatedly lead to this sort of degrading language.

Ha. The Clintons debased a lot more than language during their tenure in the White House and they were a lot less kind to other people's daughters.

When you go on TV and tell the country what kind of underwear you wear and joke about astroturf in your El Camino bed and then you lie to the point that it is necessary for every 7 year old to know the meaning of oral sex, you have lowered the bar to the point that it seems natural to hear about your daughter being pimped out for a campaign.

1 comment:

Dude said...

False outrage (yawn). A pimp is a procurer of prostitutes - a middleman. There is no question that is what Chelsea is doing. But just who are the prostitutes? It could be the candidates or it could be the superdelegates. There is no doubt Chelsea is attempting to procure a relationship between the two. Regardless of the language used, the insult wasn't meant for Chelseas, it was more likely meant for her mom.

Post a Comment