Tuesday, September 06, 2005

BROKEN

A movie buff in my office dropped the following review in my Inbox this morning.
E, Please let your brother know that Broken Flowers, the Jim Jarmusch movie starring Bill Murray, is one of the worst I've seen in quite a while. Pretentious, s-l-o-w, and Bill Murray now taking himself seriously. Someone should let Jarmusch know that they have editors in Hollywood know. Are we too stupid to know that Bill Murray can travel from one girlfriend's house to another without seeing him in the airport, on the plane, renting a car, on the road, looking for each house...? Horrible.

In other movie news, I watched Spider-Man 2 last week, having heard nothing but rave reviews. Yet another movie reminding me to read books instead.

1 comment:

Dude said...

Was that review meant for me? I won't be rushing out to see BROKEN FLOWERS, but I can attest to having enjoyed several Jarmusch films despite their methodical pacing. They are kind of off-kilter and not for the mainstream viewer, but interesting. I thought this one sounded pretty good. I'll likely see it on DVD sometime next year.

Post a Comment