Thursday, September 01, 2005

ELABORATION ON GOOD-HEARTED, BLOWHARDED LEFTIES

Regarding the provocative close to my previous post:

I do not like to deal in sweeping generalities, and for sure there are good liberals and bad conservatives, but I do agree in general with Rush Limbaugh's assessment of empty-talk, support-the-troops, I-feel-your-pain, self-concerned liberals. (The quote is from a page that has since been archived in the subscriber archives of rushlimbaugh.com.)
Liberalism requires what they want you to believe is a heart to propel it and to interpret it (the Constitution), but liberalism is gutless. Liberalism is heartless. I mean, liberalism is the easiest choice anybody can make. Liberalism is simple. It takes no work whatsoever to be a liberal. All you have to do is see misery and tell somebody you see it, and that you care -- and bam!, you are said to have a good heart. Now do something about it? Oh, nooo. That's too risky. All you do is identify the problem, and then tell other people it's their fault -- and you get credit for having a big heart.

That's it in a nutshell. That has been my experience talking with liberals. Libs support the troops because they say they do. They care about human suffering because they say they do. They are generous and kindhearted merely because they can diagnose society's ills. When I pressed one liberal after her isn't-that-so-sad rant, asking her what she had or was planning to DO about it, she looked at me like I was speaking gibberish. I asked her how she was going to lend her time, talents or money toward resolving, righting or mitigating that particular injustice, and she self-righteously explained that being aware of the problem was what was important. That's really what she said. With a straight face.

When 9/11 occurred I was working for a successful and prosperous law firm. Net annual income per lawyer was more than twice the value of my house. The contribution per head was in my opinion pathetic - about 0.07 percent of earnings while the towers still burned. We had a mandatory building evacuation during that time due to a bomb threat and I overheard one lawyer griping to another about the collection. He had given $50 and resented being asked. It is a memory that will stick with me for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment