Sunday, September 25, 2005

WHERE ARE THE ALTERNATIVES?

The blending of the parties is becoming so prevasive that I long and pine for some alternative. I wish the libertarians had a viable candidate and/or a viable money machine. What you realize in watching the way government works (regardless of whose in power) is that companies (especially big companies) and individuals want the government as it is. They've all learned to manipulate it and control it to their own end. "Give me this tax break, create that loop-hole, don't touch my Social Security!" It's as if Americans have forgotten what a self reliant people we once were. I mean it takes a major self-reliant human to homestead 40 acres, or pioneer into the wilderness, or start a new company. I believe that pioneer spirit still exists, but it doesn't soak into everyday life. The Simpson's has always had a great way of distilling the truth. There was a Halloween Treehouse of Horror, episode where Mordo and Kang (the green aliens always laughing at Earthlings from above), capture Dole and Clinton. They disguise themselves as such and continue running for office. When the truth is finally learned and they are unmasked as aliens before the election, one audience member steps forward and proclaims, "I'm voting for a third party candidate!" The Kang repiles, "Go ahead, THROW your vote away!" Needless to say, Kang is elected and Earth is enslaved.

What do we need? How can we fulfill the dreams so many of us had after reading the "Contract with America" in '94? Where's this decades Ronald Reagan, Newt, heck even Barry Goldwater? I'd love for Jeb to run, but he won't. At the very least, I wish we would nominate Pat Buchanan. Could you see Buchanan debating Hillary. I'd fall out of my chair with glee. Or some really absurd team-up. Like Minister Louis Farakan with running mate Cal Thomas (I know he's conservative) on the Democratic ticket. Then on the Republican ticket lets get Adam Sandler and Spike Lee. Arrrrgggghhhh!!! Just give me anything but the same boring crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment