Wednesday, September 14, 2005

GOVT. SPENDING

House Majority Leader Tom DeLay said yesterday that Republicans have done so well in cutting spending that he declared an "ongoing victory," and said there is simply no fat left to cut in the federal budget.

Asked if that meant the government was running at peak efficiency, Mr. DeLay said, "Yes, after 11 years of Republican majority we've pared it down pretty good."

This pretty much sums up my digust with Republicans and my ebrace of libertarians.

3 comments:

E said...

Have you heard the audio? I can't believe he said that with a straight face. Is it possible we are being snookered?

E said...

btw, are you a fan of Neal Boortz? Have you read his book, and if so, do you recommend it?

Tom said...

I might try to find that book at the library. It's my kind of subject. I'll let you know if I like it.

Post a Comment