Monday, September 12, 2005

NOLA OK FOR HUMANS, BAD FOR GOATS
New test results released by the federal Environmental Protection Agency Sunday evening confirm that toxic chemicals contained in floodwaters in New Orleans and Metairie are in concentrations too small to be an immediate threat to humans. But
so much saltwater has entered the city that it could be very difficult to grow a lawn for a very long time, according to Wilma Subra, an independent chemist from New Iberia who often advises environmental groups.

I have been wondering about the cockroaches. When the floodwaters rose, all those disgusting giant cockroaches headed to the attic along with Grandpa. That could not have been a good scene, especially if Grandpa brought some crackers.

2 comments:

Dude said...

I had the worst cup of joe in my life at a Waffle House in Meterie, LA in 1990. If the toxins are back down to that level, I still say don't go in it.

For those of you scoring at home, I had the absolute best cup of joe in my life in an English pub in Freeport, Bahamas in 1994.

E said...

You are quite correct. If the water is back to normal, it is undrinkable. I had to drink bottled water, the tap water was so full of chemicals it made me sick.

As for joe, they don't call it the Awful Waffle for nothing.

Post a Comment