Reason Magazine asked their writers these questions. Give it a go, Junto Boys. Here are my answers:
1. Who are you voting for in November? McCain/Palin. I was leaning Bob Barr all summer, but the Palin selection changed my mind. She's the only candidate in the race that thinks America exists somewhere outside the beltway.
2. Who did you vote for in 2004 and 2000? Bush Both times. I regret his expansion of government, but we did get two great Supreme Court justices after some prodding.
3. Is this the most important election in your lifetime? I think it may be among the least important. Bush losing in 2004 would have meant a leftist majority on the court and the great skedaddle from the Middle East. Reagan losing in 1980 would have meant a cut in cold war defense spending that could have let the Russians save their economy. Who knows, maybe the Berlin Wall would still be standing.
4. What will you miss about the Bush administration? The Tax Cuts
5. Leaving George W. Bush out of consideration, what former U.S. president would you most like to have waterboarded and why? Lyndon Johnson for making the government responsible for too much while solving nary a problem.