Sunday, January 13, 2008

HILL THE CHILL

Good article here by a woman who says it's OK for men to want really bad to be President, but it is freaking out women that Hillary is so ambitious.

Does anyone really like her? I mean really like her, resonate with her, think she's pretty cool. I just don't know what to make of it when I see crowds cheering behind her at campaign rallies. What are they cheering about? Who cheers for this person? I find her viscerally repulsive and so I suppose it's a natural human bias to think that others would as well. I like to look at women and when I see her I don't feel like I am looking at one. Chelsea strikes me the same way. There is a weird asexuality about them. I think Bill has more sex appeal than both of them combined, and it's well documented that I'm not the only one.
I'm routinely struck by the number of Democrats who talk about her as though they were caught in a relationship with someone who initially looked good on paper but somehow never elicited a chemical attraction.

Yeah.
No wonder Clinton cried this week (or almost cried or pretended to cry or programmed her neural interface to register emotion at approximately 0900 hours on Jan. 7).

Now that's funny. I don't have much to say about the article except that the writing is good, and that I like (in a desperate sort of way) articles that pretend for one reason or another that Hillary might not be our next president.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Yeah, that was a solid article. It explains the indifference to her better than I've heard elsewhere.

I'll admit that I do think of her as someone with nothing to go back to. I'm sure she doesn't run for another term is the Senate. She might even resign her seat altogether if this doesn't work out. We already know her personal life is complicated.

She's kind of a lonely Charles Foster Kane who talks about the people as if she owns them. There doesn't seem to be much of a happy ending without a Presidential Library and maybe even that won't be enough.

Post a Comment