Friday, January 11, 2008

MAKE IT GO AWAY!

I know I'm preaching to the choir but some of this stuff reads like parody even though it is really happening:

"I think we're slipping toward a recession," Clinton said. "A couple of people that I met on the street, they work in construction. They tell me it's slowed down."

Don't trust the numbers that come out of Washington or the nation's leading economists - the only way to know for certain if we are in a slowdown is to ask high school dropouts. She's so of the people. I'm sure Hillary making conversation with hardhats is akin to Bush 41 using a grocery scanner - she powers through it knowing the cameras are on.

A man shouted through an opening in the wall that his wife was illegal.
"No woman is illegal," Clinton said, to cheers.

Clue me in if you have any idea what that even means. Her brain works like Robocop's - she was forced to come up with one snappy sound bite that would appeal to both Hispanics and females concurrently. And who the hell cheers that line? Those people should be rounded up and deported so they can come back better educated.

"We treat these problems as if one is guacamole and one is chips, when ... they both go together," she said.

Again, I'm in the dark on this one. She had to work in a Mexican food reference I guess. We attack these problems like we're trying to crack open a pinata with an unfried flauta. No, too obscure. What will the people, the hardhats, understand? Chips and salsa. No, that's too American. What about that green shit they serve on Mexican buffets? Yeah. Should I swallow the g sound to come off as more authentic? I'd better ask my pollsters.

2 comments:

Tom said...

What's funny is that the media lets her get away with it. All the time calling the Right rubes and yet their sophisticated heroes are out talking baby talk to the underclass.

E said...

In other news, a London reporter says Barack's tribute to his daddy is a pack of lies.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23383304-details/A+drunk+and+a+bigot+-+what+the+US+Presidental+hopeful+HASN'T+said+about+his+father.../article.do

Post a Comment